How do you create a travel themed wedding?
I’ve pulled together our top hints and tips – all packaged together with stacks of travel wedding inspiration. This was also featured in the October/November issue of County Weddings Magazines ‘Your East Midlands Wedding’ as one of the current top wedding trends.
Our top hints and tips
- Use paper aeroplanes as save the date cards – using the classical air mail colours of red and blue. These set the theme from the outset.
- Create boarding passes as invitations (especially great for an overseas wedding – though not to be confused with a real ticket unless that’s included of course!)
A map inspired table plan
- A table plan as a map of the world (just like our featured image) with table names as places you’ve have visited together is a wonderful personal touch – you can even incorporate places where you have met friends on your travels.
- Add extra photos of your favourite travel memories together. This seating plan is a great DIY option.
Other travel themed wedding ideas
- Instead of the usual guest book, generate a map photo collage out of your travel pictures and ask people to write their message on luggage labels instead. This can be framed afterwards as a lasting memory of your special day.
- Co-ordinate your guestbook with postcards pinned to a map! Print your pictures on the reverse of the post cards for that extra personal touch? Or get people to take polaroids of themselves to stick to one side of the postcard.
- Have a travel themed wedding cake, stacked suitcases look great, to continue the theme.
- Looking for styling inspiration? Old suitcases can be obtained from charity shops or even relatives lofts! You’d be surprised what you can find rummaging around in charity shops – this will cut down on the cost of your wedding!
- Use luggage labels as place names.
- Use city names and views as table names.
- Personal touches really make the difference – find an old box and fill it with your travel brochures, guidebooks and keepsakes. You can even hang these around the room (with paper aeroplanes of course!) for added effect.
- Make your own scatter confetti out of old maps and travel books to add extra effect to your tables. Buy them off eBay for minimal cost.
Subscribe to our newsletter
If you liked my blog above then why not sign up to my newsletter by completing the form below. Oh and did I say you’ll get access to exclusive offers and freebies too!
All photos (except invitations) courtesy of Alix at Lumiere Photography
Copyright 2017 © that black and white cat limited